Sunday, January 10, 2010

EMERGENCY!!!

a foot is broken
Cade's to be exact
Yep, my baby

Scene
Daycare
Friday 1/08/10
11am

Situation
Collision with 5 y.o. resulting in twisting, turning pile of toddler

Triage treatment
call doctor while at daycare
daycare feeds children sandwiches while on hold
ice & medicate toddler
go out for gelato here
sleep fitfully all night in mama's bed
call doctor in the morning
farm out other children
visit with super nice doc at the practice
go to the hospital for scans of said foot
get rootbeer floats
go home to rest/decrease swelling
ride around on train while brother's push
(have more fun than I should seeing the condition of said foot!)
cool wristband from hospital (he insisted for keeping on for 3 days)insisted in wearing both "car" jammies...of course I indulged!

Long term treatment
visit the practice for a cast or bootie on Mon
be spoiled endlessly by loving family
grandma's call to check on foot and toddler
He looks so skinny and tall. He is skinny but not tall :)
(His nickname is Pip as in squeak.)silly little half cast!

Halleluja insurance! and maternal instincts! and especially my easy going boy who doesn't complain a bit!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Poor baby! He was so brave, he actually looks thrilled with all of this!

Kent & Beka said...

As we said, it is really cute! I love little casts!

Melissa said...

Poor sweet Cade! At least he looks like he is enjoying it!! Cute little cast!

the4ofus said...

I don't think I've ever seen that little guy without a huge smile on his face! He looks adorable in his new accessory!