Friday, August 7, 2009

Sweet 2 year old!!!

I *heart* the vintage feel of this pic!
I can not believe my little guy is two years old! He is my last little one (most likely!) and he sure knows it! From the get go he'd just snuggle in the pouch sling as content as can be. He rarely fussed. Thanks to Cade, I have completely forgotten what a colicky baby sounds like. He really just was happy all of the time. The girls at church saw his three hours of blissful sleep and ordered slings for their baby.
His sweet calm temperment has continued and I know it is a blessing from my Heavenly Father. I could not have survived the last two years without his easy going nature. Go to sleep now mommy? Sure. Get dressed now mommy? Sure. Play quitely with my cars now mommy? Sure......
Anything except eating. He is my pickiest and therefore my tiniest! We called him Pip (as in pipsqueak) but I decided we shouldn't anymore because he may still be small and I didn't want him to have any "issues" with size.
Cade is not much of a talker and only says the first sounds of words.
apapa: airplane
maaa: milk
Caca: Conner (that cracks me up! Conner is caca!)
In his language he calls Cole brother, every nice adult beside mom and dad, grandpa, and points out every car and truck we see.
Cade is my love, my baby. Yes, Auntie Ann...he's spoiled and he knows it and I can't help myself! (but I am working on it!)
For his birthday his daddy is flew home. An expensive and last minute trip home because dad too spoils our sweet, sweet Baby Cade!!!
Happy birthday my sweet, thumb sucking, hair pulling, little guy! And to many more years of wonderful you!

The most relaxed party ever!!!
(Cade's betrothed Lulu was there too. She's divine but her pic was uncommonly not so....
I have her back and did not post it. I hope she thanks me when she's 16!)




















4 comments:

Marla said...

Ahhh...every mother should have a baby like that! he sounds divine! My 3rd was like that - still is....

Melissa said...

Happy happy birthday to a sweet boy!! Every Mommy needs one like that! So fun to have Neil fly down and be there too!!!

Kristen said...

Oh she'll thank you alright - so will her mom of not posting ones of her! Where is that cute family picture I took? ;) Happy birthday cute Cade - thanks for inviting us to your fun party!

Laurie Meredith said...

Happy birthday little Cade! Hard to believe he's two, but I never saw his face the first year because you always had him in that sling. The taco dish looks yummy...I'll have to give it a try.