I love everything about conference weekend. I love listening to the talks, feeling spirit in my home, eating breakfast in bed :)
This year Cole and Conner are getting a little older and they actually listened to some of the speakers. When the prophet first showed on the screen:
Conner: "Mommy its the prophet!"
Me: "Do you know his name?"
Conner: "Joseph Smith?"
Me: "No, Thomas S. Monsen"
Conner "Thomas S. Monson...what's that?"
Me: "The prophet.... president of the church...right there on the TV"
Conner: "Okay" (said in a "whatever mom" tone)
Then Cole proceeded to explain the difference and he was pretty accurate..although long winded! (where does he get that???)
I am grateful for sweet children who are learning the gospel. I pray I can be a better example to them (no...contrary to the talk on the town I am not perfect!).
I am incredibly grateful for the family and friends that are examples to my sweet boys. I am grateful for my testimony of my Savior and the plan of happiness.
A shout out to who ever comes up with the conference packets! With boys coloring and Cade napping I heard all of Sunday's last session!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Bravo to you for being able to hear it all! That's an accomplishment with 3 boys!
We resorted to a new tactic this time. Everyone got up to 5 PB M&M's after each talk IF THEY WERE GOOD and quiet. It worked. Slave driver mom....
I too love conference weekend. It's so nice to have that calm and peaceful spirit in your home.
Unfortunately, I'm going to have to start resorting to bribery myself because my girls weren't paying attention as much as I would've liked them to!! :)
Post a Comment