Monday, January 18, 2010

What a day!

I love holidays like this! Just a day off to spend time with the family, reflect, relax.
Dr. Martin Luther King...I am so grateful for his bravery.

I was discussing the holiday with my 6th grade students and one girl raised her and and said "Well, that's just ridiculace!" when we discussing inequalities and well, ridiculace as segregated drinking fountains.
I have had some people not want to be my friend (I know, you're currently shocked in disbelief) but I have never experience such prejudices.
We have a long way to go but I really do pray that people would treat others like they are children of our Heavenly Father...because they are!

And while we're on it... I am so concerned about the sweet children of Haiti.
I can't help but wonder what would happen to my children if Neil and I were killed.
I called my mom and told her she had better take her vitamins and get her exercise because she IS plan B
Just in case...

2 comments:

Kristen said...

"Ridiculous." Who let's you teach school? :) HA! You know I love you...who would not want to be your friend? They are missing OUT!!!

I've been worried about those sweet babies too, even googled adoption of children from there - who is going to help all those children who lost their parents? It breaks my heart.

kjtroxel said...

So funny! So what? I was in a hurry!!!