Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sweet Honey

***warning: no pictures because I don't know how to post a picture from the web and my layout is so old and boring...who wants to help me figure out both?***
Some of the people I think the most highly of, went with me to see Secret Life of Bees. As yesterday was my birthday and Bees is my favorite book, I thought I should enjoy the movie with these girls.
We all loved the movie. Oh...its a tear jerker but a beautiful story.
I so appreciate the women in my life. I wish I had more time to share experiences with them all (darn ward split!!!)
I am grateful for people I can be myself with and they still seem to like me...I know shocking!



My birthday was really nice. My boys were so excited to help me celebrate. They are such sweet boys. As always, Neil, did a wonderful job spoiling me and even knew to promise a shopping trip to Anthroplogy when we're in CA (hey, neil...i wrote that in the blog...now you have to pay up!) He also bought the yummiest cake ever! A choco. choco. chip bundt cake w/ cream cheese frosting...I can't stop eating it! He's always been so good with giving gifts.


I have crossed over into the "nearing forty" stage of life...and I have never been better. Although...after that cake I am hitting the gym with more regularity!

4 comments:

Laurie Meredith said...

So glad I was able to go to the movie with you. Can you believe I didn't shed a tear...is my heart made of stone? I did love it though. What a nice hubby to spoil you so much.

Kristen said...

And I forgot to give you your gift on Saturday (I was a little busy) I'll drop it off to you! Happy Upside of the 30's my friend...here's to another 29 birthdays together (!!!!!) Thanks for inviting me to your movie night - Love you!!

Kristen said...

Oh and I will help you with the background and picture thing, ok?!?

Giron Family said...

Hey girly! It's been too long. Last time I saw you was at this movie! Which I loved, btw.
To answer your question...The reason I looked the way I did on Christmas morn is b/c I stayed up way too late getting things ready and never took my makeup off! Ha. So I had yesterday's hair and makeup. Think I'm gonna do that every year now. Worked out nicely :).
Hope you're doing well. Lets get together soon!