Saturday, August 9, 2008

So Ready for Kindergarten!

Conner was so ready to go to Kindergarten. I am thrilled that he goes to my school. I can be a bit more of a part of this new experience for him (Another teacher watched my class so I could go and share this special day with Conner!). Still it was hard to send him off on his way. Here's some highlights...

In the car, I kept asking Conner if he was okay. His answer..."I'M GREAT!"



Cole wanted to help out (even though no one needed help!) and told Conner "You'll make lots of friends and his teacher would be nice and they get to color...because Conner you love to color, right?"

The moment when I told him it was time to get in line...now smile for the camera. He tried so hard to smile while hugging the wall for safety and keeping an eye on the "possible threat" in line ahead of him.

He skipped in and never looked back. Its official, my baby is big now. I am so proud of him.

2 comments:

Laurie Meredith said...

What an exciting time for him. Wouldn't it be hard if your kid cried and clung to you? Have fun Conner!

Lyndsey said...

It is hard to see those cute little guys go off on their own. I can relate a bit with Daxton, I am glad that you are at the same school with him. It would be super cool to have your mom at school all the time.