Monday, June 16, 2008

Imperfectly Beautiful!

The Nester is having a party of sorts. The challenge is to show a room in its truest state. I'd love to say the following aren't the norm. but too many know my dirty l;ittle secrect of clutter. Most of the house is quiote tidy. Then there are these spot...which never seem to change although I constantly work at them. I can only be sooo fabulous, really!

Spot #1 communtication central.
All stops here first...so the pile grows and grows!
The birdhouse that my boys built has a duster wand sticking out of it...lovely!

Spot #2 love den...or where I lay my head.
Also serves as a laundress' T.V viewing spot..
I'll deal with that mess later during the Bacholorette!

Spot #3 craft corner?

I try to bust out fab items here. Quarters are cramped but cozy!

Spot #4 my favorite spot...the front porch

Its always cool and shady. It serves as a lunch spot and art canvas. Pretty handy!

All of these spots are a constant mess. I really do clean, I do. Then life happens :) And I am so glad it does!

7 comments:

Lyndsey said...

I think that everyone needs "Spots" like these. It keeps us sane!

Kristen said...

Love it - I've seen these spots often, why of why do they never go away? Laundress indeed - I am MAD she sent home Sean. He was cute (and reminded me of Dan a little, mmm)

Levi and Sandra said...

I have a couple myself. It drives my husband mad. I have an entire craft room devoted to clutter. I call it an organized mess.

Megan O. said...

I totally have these spots too. It doesn't seem to matter how many organizing thingies I buy--baskets and stuff. There are still just piles everywhere. Thanks for letting me feel like I'm not alone!:)

Laurie Meredith said...

Why do you think I have an entire unfinished basement? That way no one has to see all of my clutter.

Kent & Beka said...

Maybe Neil and Kent can live together in an uncluttered, utterly boring house and we can just abide in our happy clutter?

Marla said...

You are brave...so brave. I am too insecure to post pictures of uglies. :)