Caution: Long post ahead and no pictures to give full account!
Monday night the boys wanted to both sleep in Cole's top bunk. I was out walking with Kristen and the big softy Neil let them. All was fine until around midnight Conner started wailing. Blood curdling screaming. Neil and I raced in to the room. Neil lifted Conner up to comfort him (we thought from a bad dream) and he screamed louder as he buckled over grabbing his you know what. We thought that Cole must have kicked him in his sleep.
We brought Conner into our room to comfort and try to go back to sleep. He was fitful all night. Still by morning he was in pain and refused to walk at all...not even straighten his leg. We made an appointment with the doctor. The doctor said he wanted x-rays and bloodwork done. He sent us to a hospital clear acroos town because if it was as bad as he was thinking he would have to be admitted to a children's hospital downtown. WHHHHAAAAT? Doc said he might have a septic hip (infection and swelling brought on after one has a virus). If so it would need to be drained and treated or his hip bones would degenerate.
A sweet sister in my ward came and tended Cade as he napped so I could just be there for Conner. Many nurses helped draw the blood and take xrays. We were rushed to the front of the lines as a "baby" doesn't wait. I was so grateful how much care and concern was displayed on Conner's behalf at the hospital. Conner requested a performance of "You are My Sunbshine" which made me cry (That last line and the second verse are terrible!).
Meanwhile friends were there to hear my worries and offered dinner .
Fastforward...after lots of screaming and being pushed around in the stoller all day his diagnosis was nothing is wrong. Maybe he hurt his leg at the park??? Who knows but my baby is fine!
I worry so much about my little guys but ever sense Conner had those seizures I am always looking at any symptom he has in the worst light. These events made me so scared and sick (literally, I have a cold now) and I am glad that day is over. Today, he's great. A little sore but great. I think the Oreo pie Graham and Greg made for him made everything a little bit better! Thank you friends for all of your concern. We're ready to play again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Glad to hear he is ok. I was afraid that as I kept reading it was going to get worse, so I'm glad nothing is wrong.
Sweet little conner- we are glad he is ready to head back out! He has been sorely missed!
That was such a scary day for you - I'm so glad it turned out not to be anything major! How is he doing now?
And there was no Oreo crust on the pie because my boys ate the ones I had set aside for that! Grrr...oh well.
Holy cow! That sounds so scary, I'm glad everything is good now! I've never known worry like a mom's worry! I saw the four superheroes outside today across the street, they are so cute!
Post a Comment