Sunday, February 15, 2009

Be Mine!

I was feeling very "anti" about Valentine's Day. Not because I am not loved, or alone, or crabby and bitter. Just because I was feeling under pressure. My decorations are not as cute as "yours", I don't have any money to spend, and I am super tired after a week full of work, activities, and Neil out of town...I was blah!!! Besides, Neil and I went on a date Friday night so we already celebrated right?
Then my sweet boys woke up full of excitement and lovey words. Cole can into my room and asked if he was my Valentine (man, the girl who pulls him away is going to have to be AMAZING!). Conner came and gave me kisses and a big ol' squeeze. Cade...well he melts my heart anytime of day...we just was.
Neil was at work but I am certain he would have been super lovey too! (ok, maybe he would have kissed me good morning!)
I was now in the mood to celebrate with my darling family!
Marinated steaks...done.
Strawberries...sliced, sugared, waiting for their little nests of shortcake and whipped cream
Cards made and written in
Kid decor strategically placed.
Candles, flowers, place settings ...table looks great!
A little effort and a major tweak of my attitude and we had a fabulous evening.
I love my little family. I have fallen in love with Valentine's Day again...thank goodness!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Kids are amazing!! And you are such a good Mommy to change your attitude!

Laurie Meredith said...

I love this! Aren't sweet sons the BEST?!!

Kristen said...

Too sweet..your boys are precious. Dan and I didn't even go out to dinner so what you lack in decor I lack in date nights. Even?!